We are planting a Church!
We are planting a New Church
WHERE: Crook of Devon Village Hall, Crook of Devon, KY13 0PG
WHEN: Every Sunday from the 21st August 2016.
WHAT TIME: 10:30 a.m. for refreshments, with the service starting at 11:00 a.m.
Since the beginning of the year, I have been giving serious consideration to joining with other folk in this area to ‘plant’ a new church. This idea has been driven by a number of things:
- The traditional parish church system is not effective and is failing to bring the gospel to the people of Scotland;
- There is SO much to be done. If ever Jesus’ words about the Harvest Fields were true, they are true today. There is so much need for people to hear and respond to the good news about Jesus.
- It would be wrong to walk away. I have grown to love the people of the area we now live in (Dollar, Muckhart, Glendevon and the surrounding areas) – yes, even the people who despise me. I long for them to discover the full life that comes from following Christ wholeheartedly, to be free of the shackles that bind them and to discover what being part of a vibrant, authentic church fellowship can be like; and
- There are people here who desire something new. People who are fed up with broken promises; fed up with tepid, safe and comfortable religion; fed up with institutional ‘faith’, and who desire the full life that Jesus promises.
So, with all this in mind, we are getting together to start a New Church fellowship.
This is what it looks like:
Oddly enough, there are three reasons:
- The God we worship: God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit. Forever in union, forever One. As God relates to others and Himself, so we want to relate well with others and live in supportive community.
- We seek to draw followers of Christ from three counties: Clackmannan, Kinross & Fife.
- We seek to serve God in three ways:
- By holding a gathering of Christians every Sunday, to worship God and to encourage one another;
- By having mid-week gatherings, where people can feel comfortable in sharing their faith and ideas, encourage one another and learn more about God; and
- By supporting, our friends wherever they are and whatever they are doing.
‘Trinity’ has to be the right word for this sort of thing.
We will meet every Sunday at the Crook of Devon Village Hall from the 21st August 2016.
The service starts at 10:30 for teas and coffees, with the gathering to worship God commencing at 11:00 am.
After the service, there will be occasion for refreshments and conversation.
If anyone requires prayer and / or someone to talk to after the service, there will be folk on hand to be there for you.
WHERE TO FIND US
Crook of Devon